Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ratatouille

Tonight I made ratatouille!  I used a recipe I came across on Smitten Kitchen because it had pretty pictures :) 

My completed Ratatouille! 


I'm not going to get super detailed in the steps I took because I followed the recipe from the site pretty closely - Combined the tomato, onion, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in the bottom of a casserole dish; sliced the veggies and layered them on top; drizzled with olive oil; seasoned with more salt & pepper and thyme; covered with parchment paper and baked.

I'm not sure why I've always thought I disliked squash.  I tried a sliced piece of the summer squash and it was good!  Still not a fan of zucchini though.  I have another one in my cupboard to experiment with.  I also ate the leftover red and yellow peppers because they were yummy.  Never thought I liked peppers either!

The site suggested eating it with a "dab" of soft goat cheese or with crusty french bread.  I had some leftover Mediterranean spiced feta in my fridge, and I always have crusty sourdough, so I toasted a few pieces of bread, and put a little of the feta on part of the Ratatouille.  The flavor of the cheese didn't quite go with the dish, but the bread was great for soaking up the leftover veggie juices on my plate.  Over all, tonight's dinner was delicious and I'm STUFFED!  UGH!  It was too good because I'm SO FULL!


I still haven't figured out what to do with the brie I bought on sale.  Anyone know any good recipes other than wrapping it in pastry and baking it?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment