Friday, May 25, 2012

Wellington Update

One of the guest tasters ended up coming over later last night. I warmed the wellington up in the oven for about 15 minutes on 325, then left it on “warm” until they got there. The crust was still crispy!

I let them try everything and give me their option before letting them know what I thought. They found the mashed parsnips a bit odd too, but they didn't think the goat cheese was too strong. Their piece was also less oily.

I had leftovers for lunch today. I just microwaved it because I was feeling lazy. The crust was soft, but it was still really good. It was once again less oily, and I didn't notice the goat cheese as much. I think it may have just kind of “built up” on the ends, and the pesto needed to sit and “dry up” (or be cut open and leak out). So over all, I'm really impressed with my Vegetables Wellington Redux :) Now, to figure out what to do with these leftover mashed parsnips...

No comments:

Post a Comment