Sunday, June 3, 2012

Broccoli Soup

I don't like broccoli.  So someone told me I should make broccoli soup.  They also told me to follow Gordon Ramsay's recipe.  It's simple and only uses three ingredients; Broccoli, Water, and Salt.  Seriously.  That's it!  I was a little skeptical since it's obviously still going to taste like broccoli, but I gave it a try.



All you do to make this is boil the broccoli florets with salt, then blend them with a little of the broccoli water.  I added a little too much water the first time, but I put the rest of the soup back in the pan and let it simmer to boil off some of the excess water.  Even though it tastes like broccoli, I like it!  Ramsay garnished his with walnuts, goat cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil.  We tried it with a little feta I had in my fridge, and some olive oil.  Even though it's just a little bit of oil, we could definitely taste the difference with it.

Look how green it is!


A couple of updates:

Squash casserole - I mixed in more ricotta cheese and basil, and baked for another 15 minutes.  It was really good :)

Avocado Cupcakes - My guest taster took them to his Monday night class.  People ate them, but I guess they tasted a little more like avocado and weren't quite as good.  We assume it was because they sat out at room temperature.

Not sure what I'm going to make next.  I still want to make a chocolate beer cake, someone suggested mushroom soup, and I want to try making vegetarian french onion soup again.  So you'll just have to wait and see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment